Types of Information We Collect on our Website
- When you sign up for access to the Browser, you will complete a form which requires various information, which may include but not be limited to your:
- Email address
- First and last name
Some of this information is optional or may not be requested and additional information may be requested in the future.
- demostory will collect billing and credit card information through Stripe & Chargebee. This information is used solely to complete the purchase of the license for you to use the Browser. No credit card no billing information is stored on demostory servers.
- demostory collects electronic communications with you, whether submitted on our blog, contact form, survey, error report or otherwise. The information you send to us via these methods is optional. You can decide not to send this information if you prefer not to do so. For example, if you report an issue with any Product, we may collect the following information from you: Browser code and signature browser and OS version
- Extensions and version numbers that are installed.
- A list of open URLs
- User account information (name, email, license type)
- Hardware information
We use this information to assess error reports, provide better service and may also use this information for fraud prevention measures.
When you visit the demostory.io website, we generally collect user statistics including IP addresses, usage patterns (such as time and duration of visits), and information about the browser and operating system in use. We use third party services, such as Google Analytics, to track user actions and actively and passively collect information from our users. This information is used for statistical and marketing purposes with the goal of improving user experience with our Products.
We do not collect data from our Browser
Information we do not collect from our Browser-As important as information that we do collect is information that we do not collect. We never collect your browsing history, any autofill data stored in your browser nor do we allow third parties access to this. In addition, we provide tools in the Browser that allow you achieve more private browsing when you are visiting sites that might use trackers or cross site scripting. We also provide anti-fingerprinting features designed to help you further protect your privacy on the web.
More Information on Uses of Personal Information
- demostory does not sell, rent, or lease its customer’s information to third parties for commercial purposes.
- demostory may use your contact information to inform you about important information concerning our Products. Additionally, we may contact you for our other products and services.
- demostory may share data with trusted third party vendors to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, or provide customer support. demostory may share your information with third parties who perform tasks required to complete a purchase transaction. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these Services, and they are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- demostory may use various third party web services to improve your browsing experience including Google’s search autocomplete feature and geolocation services. You have the ability to turn off some of these services by clicking Menu→Settings→Advanced Settings.
- We do not host advertising on our Products. We may occasionally embed content such as product demonstrations from third party sites, such as YouTube, and that content may include ads. While we try to minimize the amount of ads our embedded content contains, we cannot always control what third parties show.
- Information about our customers, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information could be transferred to third parties as one of demostory’s business assets. In such an event, we will attempt to notify you before your personal information is transferred, but you may not have the right to opt out of any such transfer.
- demostory may disclose personally-identifying information or other information we collect about you to law enforcement or other government authorities in response to a subpoena, court order, warrant, or similar government order. We also may disclose such information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property.
Security of your Personal Information-demostory takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect our customers’ personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction; maintain data accuracy; and help ensure the appropriate use of personal information. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us credit card information and/or other sensitive information through email.
Children Under Thirteen– demostory does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use our Products.
Changes to this Policy– demostory reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to change this policy. If we change the policy in any material way, we will provide notice to you via email and through the website. We encourage you to periodically review the policy to stay informed of our updates. Your use of the Products after such updates to this policy constitutes your agreement and acceptance of the updated policy.